Matthew Z. Martell, Esq.
Be “friendly, fair, and give good legal advice” describes Matthew Martell’s approach to your case. Our hard-working lawyer brings extensive experience in litigation and mediation to help get desirable results for Sarasota, Bradenton and Venice, Florida divorce clients. Matthew is a graduate of the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor with B.A. in Political Science and received his Juris Doctorate in Law from the University of Akron School of Law. He is trained and certified to handle Collaborative Law divorces. He is also a Guardian Ad Litem in the 12th Judicial Circuit of Florida.
Jurisdictions admitted include:
- Supreme Court, State of Florida
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals – 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Courts- Northern, Middle, & Southern Districts of Florida
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- U.S. Court of Veterans Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
Professional organizations include:
- Florida Bar, Family Law Section, Magistrates & Hearing Officers Committee
- Florida Bar, Family Law Section, Sponsorship Committee
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Family Court Professional Collaborative (FCPC)
- American Bar Association (Family Law Section Member)
- The Florida Bar (Family Law Section Member)
- Sarasota County Bar Association (Family Law Section Member)
- Manatee County Bar Association (Family Law Section Member)
Prior to opening our Sarasota, Bradenton and Venice, Florida law firm in 2000, and restricting our practice to divorce and family law issues, Sarasota, Bradenton and Venice, Florida Attorney Matthew Z. Martell, Esq. was an associate practicing civil litigation at an AV-rated, 17-attorney office in Sarasota. Prior to that, he worked in an AV-rated, 18-attorney law firm with 3 offices in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, and West Palm Beach, as a civil litigation attorney practicing insurance defense.
Other Professional Licenses
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Law Mediator Certification # 24908F
- Notary Public – State of Florida: Commission No.: CC 888660
- University of Michigan: Ann Arbor, MI B.A.- Political Science: 1994
- University of Akron School of Law: Akron, OH Juris Doctorate in Law: 1998
- Portage County Bar Association Judge Caris Memorial Scholarship: 1995-1998
Law Offices of Matthew Z. Martell, P.A.: 2000 – present
- Practice focused on divorce and family law cases.
- Extensive client contact and dealings.
- Extensive small law offices and business experience.
Dickinson & Gibbons, P.A.: 2000
- “AV” rated law firm with 17 attorneys at that time
- Main Office: Sarasota, FL
- Litigation associate practicing civil litigation
Hightower & Rudd, P.A.: 1998-1999
- “AV” rated law firm with 18 attorneys
- Main office: Miami, FL
- Secondary offices: Fort Lauderdale & West Palm Beach
- Litigation attorney practicing insurance defense
Law Clerk Experience
City of Stow Law Department: Spring 1998
- Law Clerk for Deputy Law Director
- Main office: Stow, OH
- Obtained Ohio Legal Intern Certificate and was licensed to try misdemeanor cases.
Harry A. Tipping Co., L.P.A: Summer 1997
- “AV” rated law firm with 6 attorneys at that time
- Office: Akron, OH
- Law Clerk involved in insurance defense
Summit County Court of Common Pleas – Judge James R. Williams: Summer 1996
- Judicial Clerk involved primarily in personal injury/ other tort litigation.
- Chambers: Akron, OH
Portage County Prosecutor’s Office: Summer 1994 & 1995
- Large prosecutor’s office with approximately 20 attorneys at that time
- Civil & Criminal Division Law Clerk
- Main Office: Ravenna, OH
- Developed and implemented Debt Collection Program for delinquent real estate taxes
- Very organized
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong client communication and presentation skills
Learn how we can help you through your divorce
At the Law Offices of Matthew Z. Martell, P.A. in Lakewood Ranch, Florida and Sarasota, Florida, we provide the highest level of legal representation and superior client service to those facing divorce. We offer a free 30 minute phone consultation to discuss your legal needs. To schedule a time to talk about your situation, please contact us or call our office at (941) 556-7020.