High Net Worth Divorce Case Do’s and Don’ts
In divorce cases where the parties have significant assets and high net worth, it is important to be very detailed and comprehensive. It is important to ensure that the property is correctly accounted for and distributed. There are special considerations in these divorce cases regarding taxes and other issues that can arise. If you are going through a divorce and have a high net worth, contact a Sarasota high net worth divorce attorney at the Law Offices of Matthew Z. Martell.
What should you do in a high net worth divorce case?
In a high net worth divorce case, there are some things you should do to ensure that the case is handled efficiently and in accordance with the law. This includes:
- Keep detailed records of your assets and expenditures
- Produce documents related to the divorce
- Consult with financial advisers
- Contact a Sarasota, Bradenton, and Venice divorce lawyer
To avoid issues with your divorce case, be sure to work closely with your Sarasota high net worth divorce lawyer. He or she can provide advice about how to best protect your assets and avoid issues arising in the divorce.
What don’t you want to do in a high net worth divorce?
There are several things you should avoid doing during your divorce case, including:
- Hiding assets
- Transferring or otherwise disposing of assets
- Making unnecessary expenditures
- Trying to minimize your financial standing
- Handling the case without consulting with advisers and legal counsel
- Making statements that could be detrimental to your case
- Engaging in criminal activities
How can an attorney help?
A Sarasota high net worth divorce lawyer can provide legal advice and representation to guide you through the divorce process. An attorney will help you avoid issues and ensure that the divorce is handled appropriately. If you are going through a divorce case and you have high net worth, then please contact The Law Offices of Matthew Z. Martell, P.A. for help at (941) 323-3158.