Creating Parenting Plans in Florida
If you have children and believe your marriage is “on the rocks”, it is time to consider creating a sound parenting plan. A parenting plan helps create a schedule where each parent can remain an integral part in a child’s life. Issues such as where a child will reside each weekend, extracurricular activities, doctor visits, and special holidays should all be accounted for. Ideally, you should discuss parenting plans with a well-qualified attorney. An experienced Sarasota, Bradenton, Lakewood Ranch, and Venice, FL child custody lawyer can swiftly review your case, help you gather the necessary forms, help you draft your Parenting Plan, and then assert your parental rights while protecting those of your children.
Parenting Plan Information for Sarasota, Bradenton, and Venice, Florida Families
In Florida, a parenting plan is required for all cases involving time-sharing with minor children. Even if you and your spouse agree to time-sharing but disagree on another issue, the court will require that you adopt a parenting plan. Some other important information you should be aware of when it comes to parenting plans in Florida includes:
- The parenting plan must be developed and agreed to by you and your child’s other parent as well as the court.
- The court will establish a parenting plan suitable for your child’s well-being if you and your spouse cannot agree on parenting plan on your own.
- In the event that your case involves supervised time-sharing, your lawyer can help you acquire and complete the Safety Focused Parenting Plan.
- If your case involves a relocation, or you reside over 50 miles away from your child(ren)’s current residence, your attorney can help you obtain and complete a Long-Distance Parenting plan.
A comprehensive parenting plan helps shield children from emotional trauma and provides them with a normalized routine in which they can enjoy a relationship with each parent. At the very least, your parenting plan should specify the following:
- The time your children will spend with each parent
- How all matters of healthcare for the minor children shall be handled.
- School and education issue, along with extracurricular activities
- How each parent will maintain communication with their children
A Sarasota, Bradenton and Venice, Florida Family Law Attorney Determined to Make a Difference When It Comes to Your Parenting Plan
The Law Offices of Matthew Z. Martell, P.A. provides unparalleled legal support for divorcing couples with young children throughout the Bradenton, Venice, and Sarasota areas of Florida. Contact the Law Offices of Matthew Z. Martell, P.A. at (941) 556-7020 to schedule a free initial phone consultation with this knowledgeable Parenting Plan family law lawyer today.